Please attempt the following steps to resolve this issue:
Running the SecurityCmdLnApp Application
Please use the following steps to run the SecurityCmdLnApp application.
- Close ACT!
- Launch My Computer.
- Navigate to the following file location:
C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows
- Double click SecurityCmdLnApp.exe
- The following Open File - Security Warning dialog box will appear:
- Click Run. The following dialog box will appear for a few seconds and then close:
- When the dialog box is closed, launch ACT!
Detach and Reattach Database from SQL Server®
Please use the following steps to detach and reattach the database:
- Close ACT! .
- Click the Windows® Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type actdiag into the Open field, and then click OK. The ACT! Diagnostics utility launches.
- Click the Databases button in the lower left corner. The Databases view appears.
- Click the area to the left of the database to select it (as illustrated above).
- Right-click the selected database line, and then click Detach Database from the shortcut menu. The following Detach Database dialog box appears.
- Click Yes to detach the database.
- Launch ACT!. Cancel the error (if necessary), click the File menu, and then click Open Database. An Open dialog box appears.
- Change theFiles of Type field to ACT! Database (*.ADF) (as illustrated above), and then navigate to (if necessary) and Open the .ADF file for your ACT! Database. The following ACT! dialog box appears.
- Click OK to began the verification of your database. The following ACT! dialog box appears.
- Click OK to open your database.
If the issue persists, you may need to reinstall the SQL Server ACT7 instance.. The Microsoft® SQL Server provides a method to remove specified instance without needing to remove the program.
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage Software, Inc does not provide support for Microsoft Products. For more information on this topic go to Microsoft.com.
Use the following sections in sequential order to successfully uninstall and reinstall the ACT7 instance: