To work around this issue, you will need to manually extract the contents of the layout folder from the backup file to the layout folder for the restored database. Follow the steps below:
- In the restored database, click the Tools menu, and then click Database Maintenance. If Share Database is enabled, click to disable.
- Click the Help menu, and then click About ACT!. The About ACT! dialog box appears.
- Click the Database Info button. The Database Information dialog box appears
- In the Database Settings Information section, scroll down to the Supplemental File Location item. Record the listed path.
Example: The location of the supplemental files for the database named "Original" might look like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\ACT\ACT for Win 7\Databases\Original-database files
- Open the backup file in WinZip by double-clicking it. WinZip launches.
- Click the title of the Path column to sort by path (as illustrated below).
- Hold your Ctrl key and then click to select all files listed in Layouts folder (as illustrated below).
- Click the Extract option to extract the selected layout files to the supplemental file folder recorded in Step 4. The Extract dialog box appears.
- Ensure that theExtract to location matches the file path noted in step 4 above. If it does not, click the browse button and browse to the correct folder from the Folders/drives window.
- Ensure that the Use folder names option is not enabled.
- Open the restored database and select your desired layout.