Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: 2008 (v8) through v18
OS: Windows Vista
User Account Control (UAC) is a Windows security component designed to protect your computer from accessing and using files from sources that are not approved by an administrator. Occasionally while attempting to perform tasks related to either installing Act! or working within Act!, UAC may block access to program files that are necessary to complete the task, resulting in an error message, or unexpected behavior. You can troubleshoot these issues by temporarily disabling this feature.
To disable UAC:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel
- In the Control Panel, ensure that you are in the Classic View by clicking Classic View on the left-hand side of the window
- In the list of items in the Control Panel, locate and double-click User Accounts
- Click “Turn User Account Control on or off”
- Ensure the “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer” option is disabled, then click OK
- When prompted, restart the computer