$obsdisclaimer ACT! provides the ability to customize Opportunity fields. In ACT! 2009 (11.0) and prior, you cannot create new Opportunity fields. However, there are eight(8) Opportunity User Fields that can be edited to be used for customized data when creating Opportunities. The ability to create custom Opportunity fields was added in ACT! 2010 (see note below). Use the following steps to manage the Opportunity user fields.
Important Note for ACT! 2010 Users
The ability to create custom Opportunity fields was added in ACT! 2010 (12.0). In ACT! 2010, the process to add and edit Opportunity fields is the same as for Contact, Company, and Group fields. For instructions on managing fields in ACT!, please see the following Knowledgebase article:
Answer ID: How to create and manage database fields in Act!
Note: You must have administrative access to the database to complete the steps below. The ability to change the data type, customize the field behavior, and add a dropdown list is only available in the Premium editions.
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Define Fields. The Define Fields - Create, edit or delete fields dialog box appears.
- Select Opportunities from the View fields for drop-down list.
Note: The Competitor, Reason, and Referred By Opportunity fields can also be modified, but it is recommended that you leave these with their default names and settings.
- Click the opportunity field you want to rename, and then click Edit field. The Define Fields dialog advances to the Enter field name and type dialog box.
- Change the Field name to display the name you want. Click Finish and the main Define Fields dialog re-appears.
- Click Finish. The name of the customized Opportunity user field will be seen under the User Info tab of an Opportunity.
Answer ID: How to create and manage database Users in Act!