Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: 2011 and later
Third Party: Microsoft Outlook
The Quick Attach option allows you to manually attach an email in your Outlook mailbox, but without having to search for the contact you want to attach it to. It works based off of preferences configured when going through the E-mail System Setup. It can be configured to attach the email history to the following contacts in your database:
- The contact the message is from (recommended)
- The contact the message was from AND to
- The contact the message was from and all contacts who are CC
- All contacts
Note: For information regarding setting Act! Outlook integration preferences, refer to the following knowledgebase articles:
How to use Microsoft Outlook as your e-mail client in Act! versions 2011 and higher
How do I configure Microsoft Outlook as my email client in Act! Premium (access via web)?
After the preferences have been configured, you can use the Quick Attach by following the steps below:
- In Outlook, highlight an email message, or Ctrl+click and select multiple messages
- In the Add-ins tab, or in the Outlook toolbar, click the icon
- When the confirmation appears, click OK
Note: You can view the status of message history attachments in the Attach to Act! Contacts Progress window. For more information, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
What is the Attach To Act! Contacts Progress window?