When open the E-mail Setup Wizard to try to set up my e-mail to work with Act!, there are no e-mail systems to choose from.
Note: If Microsoft Outlook is the only email system missing from the setup, but you can see other options, please refer to the following knowledgebase article instead:
Outlook® is Missing as an Option in the ACT! E-mail Setup
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2009 and later
Third Party: Microsoft Visual C++
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2016 build 8201, this can be caused by as a result of a Microsoft defect revolving around MAPI that affects version 16.0.6965.2058 or later versions.
If you are using an older build of Microsoft Outlook 2016, or an entirely different version of Microsoft Outlook, this can be caused by damaged or incomplete Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime libraries on the computer.
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft products. For additional assistance with uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++, contact Microsoft or an IT Professional.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2016
- In Outlook, Click File > Outlook Account (or Office Account)
- Click About Outlook
- Check to see if you are using a version that is 16.0.6965.2058 or later
- If using 16.0.6965.2058 or later, use the following knowledgebase article for steps towards resolving:
Email systems window is empty if Build 8201 of Office 2016 is installed
- Test the E-mail Setup Wizard
Note: If you are not using Outlook 16.0.6965.2058 or later, proceed to the section below
Damaged or incomplete Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime libraries
To resolve this issue, it will be necessary to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Follow the steps below:
- Close Act! on the machine experiencing the issue and ensure you are logged into the computer as a Windows Administrator
- Open the Control Panel and do one of the following depending on your operating system:
- Windows Vista and later: Click Programs and Features or Uninstall a program
- Windows XP, Server 2003: Double-click Add or Remove Programs
- Locate Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022 and uninstall it
- Once the uninstall is complete, download and save to your Desktop the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package from Microsoft here:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
- After you have downloaded the file, locate it on your Desktop and double-click to run it
- Once the installation is complete, download the KB23426.bat file from the File Attachments section at the bottom of this article and save it to your Desktop
- Double-click the KB23426.bat file to execute it
Note: It may be possible that the operating system blocks the file from running. If this happens, right-click the file, choose Properties, click Unblock, then click OK and try to execute the file again
- For each time you are prompted, press any key to continue until the Command Prompt automatically closes
- Reboot the computer
- Once the computer has rebooted, open Act! and test the E-mail Setup again
Note: If the issue still persists after using the steps above, your Act! program may not have installed properly or may have become damaged. It is recommended that you reinstall the Act! software. For more information on uninstalling and reinstalling Act!, refer to the following knowledgebase articles:
How do I uninstall Act!?
How do I install Act!?