This issue can be the result of a missing or unregistered file. Follow these steps to replace and register the file:
- Go the bottom of this article, right-click on stdole.dll file under File Attachments, and choose Save. Save to Desktop.
- Copy this file into the ACT! For Windows® Program Files Directory, located at:
C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows
- Click the Windows® Start button and select Run.
- Run dialog box appears. Type cmd in the Open field and click OK.
- The DOS Prompt window appears. Type cd c:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows and press Enter.
- The file directory path will display C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows. Type gacutil /i stdole.dll and press Enter.