Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: 2010 and later
OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7
This can occur if the Act! installation setup file is running in Windows XP Compatibility mode, if system permissions are blocking the installation from completing, or if the Act! installation system checker is malfunctioning.
Compatibility Mode is enabled
- Browse to the Act! installation folder
Note: By default this will be a folder on your C:\ drive that will start with “Act!_”
- Locate and right-click Setup.exe, then choose Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab and ensure that the option to “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” is not checked
- Click Ok
- Attempt to install Act! again to test
System permissions are blocking the installation
- Run the setup as an administrator by using the steps in the following knowledgebase article:
Error: "Act! has detected that you are running this installation in Windows XP Compatibility mode. You must remove this setting and then continue the installation." When Attempting to Install Act!
- Attempt to install again to test
Act! installation system checker is malfunctioning
- Browse to the installation folder from the “Compatibility mode is enabled” section of this article
- Open the Dependencies folder
- Inside the Dependencies folder, rename the PreReq folder to PreReqOLD
- Return to the main installation folder and double-click the setup.exe file to test installation