- Close ACT! on your machine.
- Open Windows® Explorer (My Computer) and browse to the following directory: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
- Locate the sharenui.dll file in this directory.
- Right-click on this file, select Rename, and rename it to sharenui.dll.old.
- Locate the sharenui.dll file in the File Attachments section near the bottom of this article.
- Click on this file. When the download box appears, click Save. For the save location browse to and select C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows. Save the file.
- Reopen your current version of ACT! and attempt the conversion.
If you are still unable to convert your database, then you may try and work around this issue by attempting to convert the database on a different machine. You can then move the converted database back to the desired machine after the conversion. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for instructions on how to move an ACT! database:
Answer ID: How to move an Act! database from one machine or directory to another