This issue can occur if an existing key for Microsoft® Business Contact Manager in the Windows® Registry does not have adequate permissions, which can cause the SQL Server 2008 R2 installation to fail..
Please use the following steps:
- Click Start and select Run.
- The Run dialog box appears. In the Select field, type regedit.
Caution: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. For detailed information on backing up the Windows® Registry, click the link below:
Title: How to Backup the Windows Registry
Answer ID: How to back up the Windows Registry
- Browse to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MICROSOFTBCM\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Lpc.
Note: There may be keys from other programs listed under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server, security settings for them will also need to be updated.
- Give the registry key adequate permissions:
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage does not provide support for Microsoft products. For more information on this topic, please visit Microsoft.com.
- Right-click on the key and select Properties. Click on the Security tab.
- Click the Security tab, and select the Everyone user.
- Check the box for Full Control and then click OK.
- Close the Windows Registry.
- Attempt to install SQL Server 2008 R2.