Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2011 and later
Integration: Swiftpage emarketing
Cause: This issue can occur if your default Internet browser is not Internet Explorer, if Swiftpage hasn’t been added to your Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer, or if Windows User Account Control (UAC) settings are blocking Act! from prompting the browser to open the web page.
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft products. For assistance, refer to Microsoft or an IT professional.
Default browser is not Internet Explorer
- Close Act!
- Set your default browser to Internet Explorer. For information, refer to the following Microsoft documentation:
Make Internet Explorer your default browser
- Open Act! and attempt to preview a Swiftpage emarketing template to test
Swiftpage is not added to your Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer
- Close Act!
- In Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu (the cogwheel) in the top right corner of the screen, then choose Internet options
- In the Internet Options dialog, click the Security tab, then choose Trusted Sites
- Click the Sites button
- In the Trusted sites dialog, type www.swiftpage.com, then click Add
- Ensure the box for “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone” is unchecked
- Click Close, then click OK
- Reopen Act! and test previewing a Swiftpage emarketing template
User Account Control (UAC) is blocking the page from opening
Option 1: Run Act! as an administrator
You may be able to work around the UACsettingsby running Act! and Outlook as an administrator
- Close Act!, then navigate to your desktop
- Right-click the Act! icon, then choose Run as administrator
- If prompted, click Allow
- Once Act! opens, test previewing Swiftpage emarketing template
Option 2: Disable UAC
Note:This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft products. For assistance with configuring or disabling UAC, contact Microsoft.
If running the programs as an Administrator is unsuccessful, you may need to disable UAC. For more information about UAC and how to disable it, refer to the following Microsoft documentation:
User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide