This issue has been found to be caused by a conflict with the Redemption.dll file. Use the following steps to replace and register the Redemption.dll file:
Replace existing Redemption.dll file:
- Close Sage ACT! and Microsoft® Outlook®.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the Sage ACT! installation directly (defaults listed):
- 32-bit Operating System: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
- 64-bit Operating System: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows
- Locate and rename file Redemption.dll. Example: Add .old to the file name (becomes 'Redemption.dll.old').
- Right click on and save the attached file Redemption.dll.replace to the Act for Windows directory.
- Rename Redemption.dll.replace by removing .replace. The file should now be named Redemption.dll.
Register the Redemption.dll file:
- Right click on and save the attached file redemption_dll.bat to your desktop.
- When the save has completed, double-click the file on your desktop to run it.
- When the Command Prompt screen appears, press Enter on your keyboard to continue.
- After a few seconds, you will receive a confirmation that the Redemption.dll file has been successfully registered.
- Reopen Sage ACT! and Outlook and test a mail merge with greater than 25 contacts.
Note: This can be done using the Demo database.
If this does not resolve the issue, it may require using an older version of the Redemption.dll file. Repeat the steps above using file Redemption.dll.V4 instead of Redemption.dll.replace.