You are trying to install Act! when you receive one of the following error messages:
"An error occurred while trying to write a default layout to the supplemental file system."
“There are no available layouts in "Database Name"-Database Files\Layouts”
“Error occurred after logon in synchronization manager: The path is not of a legal form.”
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
This can be caused by a lack of permissions to the database supplemental files folder.
- Close Act!
- Browse to the location the database is stored in
- The default location is C:\Users\*Username*\Documents\ACT\Act Data\Databases
- Right-click on the Folder containing the database name-files folder and select Properties
- Click on the Security tab and then click edit then Add
- Type everyone or selected users/group if on a domain and then click Check Names
- Click OK
- Under Group or User Names select and highlight Everyone or the specific users/groups
- Click in the check box next to Full Control under Allow
- Click OK
- Try to reopen Act!