Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2007 and later
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog
- Type actdiag, then press enter or click OK
- Review the disclaimer that appears, then click OK
- On the window that appears, refer to the following sections to determine what version of Microsoft SQL Server you’re using:
- Server Name: This is the machine name of your computer and Act! instance of SQL Server
- Server Edition: This is the named version of Microsoft SQL Server. If you are using an express version, this will be indicated. If you are using a 64-bit version, this will also be indicated.
- Server Version: This is the version and build number; SQL Server 2005 is 9.0.x, SQL Server 2008 is 10.0.x, SQL Server 2008 R2 is 10.50.x, SQL Server 2012 is 11.0.x, SQL Server 2014 is 12.0.x
Note: Depending on the version of Act!, a default installation of Act!, when installed as a clean installation, will use one of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server Express:
- Act! v17.1 and later: Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Act! versions 2011 – v17.0: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Act! versions 2007 – 2010: Microsoft SQL Server 2005