Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2012 (v14) and later
This error can occur if the database is locked, if there was an interrupted or failed update to the database, or if you attempted to run maintenance after receiving the Error: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'... error 2601"
Database is locked
- Using the Act! diagnostics utility, unlock the database. For detailed information, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
- After the database has been unlocked, detach and reattach the database, using the Act! diagnostics ultility. For detailed information, refer to the following knowledgebase articles:
How to detach an Act! database from the Microsoft SQL Server (ACT7) instance
How to attach an Act! database using the Act! Diagnostics utility (ActDiag)
- Attempt to open the database to test
Failed update to the database
You can resolve this issue by running the SingleUserModeError_KB31714.cmd file attached to this article. Follow the steps below exactly on the machine hosting the database that is experiencing the error:
- Close Act!
- Download the SingleUserModeError_KB31714.cmd file from the File Attachments section near the bottom of this article, and save the file to the desktop of the computer hosting the database that is experiencing the error.
- Double-click the SingleUserModeError_KB31714.cmd file to run it.
- When prompted, type in the name of the affected database and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- If successful, the result should be "Changed database context to 'master' ".
- Press any key on your keyboard to close the command window.
- Attempt to open your database.
Note: If you receive a message stating the database is locked, use instructions within the following article to unlock the database:
Duplicate key row
If the process above does not work, it is likely that the database is now in recovery mode as a result of running maintenance after receiving the error mentioned in the Cause section of this article. Follow the steps below to resolve:
- Follow the steps in the following knowledgebase article:
Error: "Cannot access specified database..." and the database is listed as SUSPECT or RECOVERY in the Act! Diagnostics Utility.
- After the database is able to be opened again, follow the steps in the following knowledgebase article
Error: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'... error 2601" when attempting to back up, copy, repair, create a remote, or synchronize an Act! database
- Open Act! to test