Are there mobile friendly templates for Act! emarketing or Swiftpage Engage?
Product Family: Emarketing
Product: Act! emarketing, Swiftpage Engage
Mobile-Friendly stock templates are now available in the Template Manager! We will continue to add more Mobile-Friendly templates and provide their locations within this article.
Stock Template Category
Introduction to Services
To Locate a Mobile-Friendly Template:
- Go to the Template Manager
- Click Stock Templates from the section panel on the left
- Select the appropriate Template Category (listed above)
- Find the Mobile-Friendly template by the Template Name (listed above) or by the Mobile-Friendly icon that appears in the top-right corner of all Mobile-Friendly templates
What Are Mobile-Friendly Templates?
Mobile-Friendly Templates are designed to be easy to read, no matter where they’re being viewed. These templates are specially designed to adapt to smart phone screens, while also looking impeccable on desktops.
What Makes Them Mobile-Friendly?
When a Mobile-Friendly template detects that it’s being viewed on a phone, all of its images and text rearrange into a vertical stack. The images fill the full width of the screen, and all the text increases in size, making it easier to read. This prevents the user from having to squint or zoom in to view the email.
Why Would I Want To Use A Mobile-Friendly Template?
Over 38% of all email opens occur on a mobile device. That’s a very big audience, so it’s worth going the extra mile to make your emails to be just as easy to read as they are on desktops.
What Services and Clients Do Your Mobile-Friendly Templates Work In?
- iOS Mail
- Android (native mail apps)
- Windows Phone 7.5
- Outlook 2000/2003/2007/2010/2011
- Apple Mail 5 & 6
- Gmail (Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox)
- Outlook.com (Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox)
- Yahoo! Mail (Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox)
- AOL Mail (Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox)
Are There Any Downsides?
Mobile-Friendly Templates feature very advanced code, and not every browser, webmail service, desktop client, or mobile phone has caught up with this technology. Because of this, we’ve had to carefully integrate older technology into our templates so that they look perfect no matter where they’re being read. The only drawback to this is that Mobile-Friendly Templates are slightly less customizable than a standard template.
What Can I Edit In A Mobile-Friendly Template?
With Mobile-Friendly Templates, you can:
- Drag & drop blocks to rearrange your template’s content and layout
- Drag & drop whole rows of blocks at a time
- Apply background colors to blocks
- Apply background colors & borders to rows
- Apply background colors to the entire template
- Apply borders around the entire template
- Apply padding to columns and blocks
What Isn’t Editable In A Mobile-Friendly Template?
- Columns can’t have background colors or borders
- Columns cannot be moved
- Columns can’t have any less than 2px of padding
- No Mobile-Friendly templates have four-column layouts
- No images can fill the full width of a column
What Services and Clients Are Incompatible With Mobile-Friendly Templates?
- Most 3rd-party Android email clients
- Android versions of Gmail, Outlook.com, and Yahoo!
- BlackBerry OS 4 & 5
- Outlook 2013
- Lotus Notes 6.5 & 7