What is CAN-SPAM and what are Swiftpage’s anti-spam policies?
Product Family: Swiftpage
Product: Swiftpage Engage
What is CAN-SPAM?
CAN-SPAM is an acronym for Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing. This Act is a federal law that establishes requirements for those who send commercial email. It determines the penalties for email spammers and gives consumers the right to request to be removed from an email list.
CAN SPAM policies to take note of:
- Your email’s ‘from’, ‘to’ and routing information must be accurate
- The subject line must truthfully represent the content of the message
- An unsubscribe method is required on every email and unsubscribed email addresses must be excluded from future sends
- Commercial emails must be identified as an advertisement and have the sender’s physical postal address in all emails
What is our Anti-Spam Policy?
Our Anti-Spam Policy Terms are as follows:
- My contacts have explicitly signed up to receive email from me either by signing up through a web form, given me their business card or verbally asked to receive my messages
- The email addresses in my list are not purchased, rented or borrowed from any third party
- My list contains actual contacts, not general email addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- My list does not contain email addresses obtained by means of finding them on the internet
- If my list contains contacts that have not explicitly signed up to receive email from me, I will first gain their permission before sending them emails