I am attempting to view Server Security in Act! Diagnostics and receive the Error: “Unhandled exception has occurred in your application…”
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Third Party: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
This can occur if TCP/IP and Named Pipes protocols are not enabled in the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Close Act! Diagnostics
- Click Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Left-click the triangle to the left of SQL Server Network Configuration and select Protocols for ACT7
- Right-click TCP/IP, choose Enable, and click OK
- Right-click Named Pipes, choose Enable, and click OK
- Close the SQL Server Configuration Manager
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R
- Type services.msc and press Enter
- Right-click SQL Server (ACT7) and choose Restart
- Close Services
- Attempt to access Server Security again to test