Custom tables and fields in those tables require ActDiag OLEDB repair
Version Found: 16.1
Steps to Reproduce
- Create new custom entitiy
- Attempt to run a query through the reporting provider against this new entity and the query will fail
- Run Rebuild OLEDB2 objects through the actdiag
- Run the same query from step two and it will execute successfully
- Create a new field descriptor belonging to the table created in step 1
- Attempt to run a query including this newly created field and the query will fail.
- Repeat step 3.
- The same query from step 6 will now execute.
Actual Result: Queries will fail until repairs in ActDiag have run
Information/Workaround: This is only a fix for a database going forward and will not fix it in the current state. The fix remains the same, but changes have been made to ActDiag that will allow it to be run from the command line.
Help or ? Should bring up the list of command options.
Syntax is OLEDB2 <database> i. e. OLEDB2 ACT2014Demo
Also, the syntax for the Sync Rebuild now shows up in the Help.
SYNC <database> i. e. SYNC ACT2014Demo
Just a reminder – Rebuilding OLEDB2 only rebuilds customizable objects (Custom tables, Contact, Company, Group, Opportunity, and Product). If you delete an OLEDB2 view, you will have to rerun the Schema Update.