Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: v16.1 - v18.2
Integration: Act! emarketing
Answer: This issue is caused by one or more of the email addresses within the group that was sent to being blank or malformed (example#example.com, example@examplecom).
Act! Emarketing Special Character Email Scanner : - Usage
- Save the Act! Emarketing Special Character Email Scanner.xlsm file and open in Excel
- Export email addresses from Act! to Excel
- Copy email addresses from the Excel spreadsheet and paste in to the first column in the Email Scanner spreadsheet
- In Excel run the macro checkEmails (View - Macros)
- Use sort/filter - custom sort - Press ok to apply the font colour rule
All of the invalid email addresses will either appear at the top of the list or the bottom in red depending on the sort/filter options
Act! Email Validator Plugin : - Usage
Note: The plugin will not work when using Act! v20 or above.
- Copy the EmailValidator.dll plugin in to the plugins folder for Act! (C:\Program Files (x86)\Act\Act for Windows\Plugins)
- Open Act!
- Lookup all contacts in Act! that the Act! Emarketing email campaign will be sent to
- Click Tools - Check Email Addresses
- Select relevant options and press ok
- A list of contacts with invalid email addresses will be shown in Act!
Work through the list of email addresses and correct them.