Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: v17.1 and higher
Note: If doing this using Act! Premium (access via web), you must use Internet Explorer in order to perform the following steps.
- Click Tools > Define Fields
- Under View fields for: , select the appropriate database view for which you wish to create the field
- Click Create new field
- Enter a name for the field
- Select an applicable field type
- Under Customize field behavior, check the option to Use drop-down list
- Verify that Create new list is the selected option in the dropdown, then click Next
- Enter a name for the drop-down list
- Select the applicable type
- Enter a description or select drop-down list options as desired, then click Next
- If desired, enter or import values to add to the list for selection when using the field, then click Next
- Proceed with field creation as usual
Note: For more informatoin on field modification, refer to the following knowledgebase article.
How to create and manage database fields in Act!