“Act! Premium was unable to test your web server due to the following error: Client found response content type of ‘text/html; charset-utf-8’ but expected ‘text/xml’
The request failed with the error message:
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web)
OS: Windows 10
Third Party: Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
This error occurs because Act! Premium v17 (access via web) was developed before Windows 10 was available. As a result, the Act! v17 installer does not support proper IIS configuration for Windows 10.
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft products. For additional assistance with IIS configuration, contact Microsoft or an IT Professional for assistance.
Since the Act! v17 installation is not equipped to automatically configure, it is necessary to manually configure the settings. Follow the steps below:
- Open IIS manager, ensuring not to open the 6.0 version of IIS
- In the Connections Pane, select the APFW machine’s name node
- In Features View, open Modules
- Find ServiceModel and remove it.
- Go back to the machine name node’s Features View, double-click Handler Mappings
- Find svc-Integrated and remove it.
- In the Connections Pane, navigate to Site > Default Web Site > APFW.
- Open Handler Mappings
- Sort by Path and locate *.aspx entries.
- Select PageHandlerFactory-ISAPI-4.0_32-bit
- Right-click and select Revert to Parent
- Click OK to dismiss warning
- Perform IISRESET
- Restart Act! in Admin mode and test the setup of Web Administration