What are the recommended browser settings for using Act! access via web with Internet Explorer?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! access via web, Act! in the Cloud
Version: v18 and later
Upgrade to Internet Explorer 11
If you are using an older version of Internet Explorer, it is recommended that you upgrade to Internet Explorer 11.
Configure Internet Explorer Settings to receive the latest Act! access via web content when you logon:
- Open Internet Options
- Select the General Tab
- In the Browsing history section, click the Settings button
- Enable the option for Every time I visit the webpage
- Click OK
Add your Act! access via web site to the Trusted Sites zone
- Open the Internet Explorer options and select the Security tab
- Click Trusted Sites, then click the Sites button
- In the Trusted sites window, uncheck Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone
- In the Add this website to the zone: field, enter your database URL, then click Add
Note: If you are using Act! in the Cloud, or your Act! access via web is set up on a secure server, you will also need to repeat step 4 for the following URLs:
- Click Close on the Trusted sites
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting for Trusted Sites
- In the Internet Explorer options screen, click the Security tab, then select Trusted sites
- Click Custom level…
- Scroll down to ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Select Enable under Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked safe for scripting
- Click OK
Ensure that Compatibility Mode is off for for your Act! access via web connection
As of Act! v18, it is no longer necessary to have your Act! website in compatibility mode. In fact, in many cases, having the Act! website in compatibility mode can cause problems with functionality. For best results:
- If present, remove your Act! access via web site from the Compatibility Mode list
- If enabled, disable the option to Display all websites in Compatibility View
- If enabled, disable the option to Display all intranet sites in Compatibility View
Note: If disabling these options is not practical, disable Compatibility View by toggling the Compatibility View icon on the right side of the browser address field.
In addition to the settings above, the following settings may need to be configured if available:
Note: The following items make changes that can affect the security of your browsing session. Before making any changes to these settings, it is strongly recommended that you consult an IT professional, Act! Certified Consultant, or your browser documentation. For specific instructions on configuring these settings, consult your browser documentation.
- Turn off Popup Blocker
- Accept Cookies “Always” or “From Visited”
- Turn off Private Browsing