Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: v19 and later
Integration: Act! Premium Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
In order to use Act! Companion, you must have an Act! Premium or Act! Premium Cloud subscription. If you are an Act! Premium Cloud subscriber, you only need to follow the steps in this article for installing and configuring Act! Companion on your mobile device. If you are an Act! Premium subscriber, you will need to either install the Act! Premium Web API or the Act! Connect Link in order to use Act! Companion. For information on installing and configuring either of these prerequisites, refer to the following knowledgebase articles:
Additionally, once the Web API is set up, in order to use Act! Companion, you will either need to be an Administrator, or if you are a Manager or Standard user, you will need to have the database Administrator add the Act! Premium Web API access permissions to your login. For information about how to add permissions to database users, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
Installing and configuring Act! Companion
- Search for Act! Companion in the app store for your device, or from your device, navigate to one of the following links, depending on your device type:
Android Devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.act.companion
iOS devices: https://appsto.re/us/L-pMfb.i
- Once installed, open Act! Companion
- On the log in page, enter your database username and database password in the respective fields, then tap Continue
- In the Server Address URL field, enter the appropriate URL, depending on how you use Act!:
- Act! Premium (access via web) or Act! Premium Cloud: Enter the URL (web address) you use to access your database (For example: https://[yourwebsite].com/apfw -or- https://[yourwebsite].com/[yourdatabasename] )
Act! Premium for Windows: Logged into Act! from the server, click Act! Connect in the Navbar on the left side of the screen. Use the URL (web address) shown at the top of the page. This cannot be obtained from a workstation. (For example: https://[port number].g2c.cloud-elements.com/act.web.api)
Note: If you log out of the app, you will still need to enter your database username and password to log back into the app.