The following Answer will walk you through the needed steps to completely uninstall ACT! for Palm OS. You will need to run the uninstall program, remove a Windows Registry entry, remove leftover files, and then remove the ACT! application from your handheld device.
Use the following steps to uninstall ACT! for Palm OS:
- Close your HotSync Manager.
- Open the Windows Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs icon. The Add or Remove Programs panel appears:
- Locate and click the ACT! for Palm OS entry, and then click the Change/Remove button. You will briefly see the following ACT for Palm OS - InstallShield Wizard - Preparing Setup progress indicator:
- The following ACT! for Palm OS message appears:
- Click Yes. You will briefly see the following ACT for Palm OS Setup Program - Setup Status
- The following ACT! for Palm OS message appears.
- Click OK, and then exit the Add or Remove Programs panel and close the Windows Control Panel.
Windows Registry Entry:
- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type regedit in the Open field, and then click OK. The Windows Registry Editor launches.
Caution: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. For detailed information on backing up the Windows Registry, click the link below:
Title: How to Back Up the Windows Registry
Answer ID: How to back up the Windows Registry
- Locate and delete the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACT for Palm OS
- Close the Windows Registry Editor.
- Launch Window Explorer or open My Computer.
- Navigate to your Palmone ( or Palm) folder. Typically this is located under C:\Program Files\.
- Locate and delete the ActCondAFP.dll file.
- Navigate to any user folder that has performed a HotSync with ACT! for Palm OS.
- Locate and delete the ActForPalm.cfg file.
- Locate and delete the ActCond subfolder.
- Proceed to the users Backup folder and delete the following files:
- Any other files that start with ACT.
- Close Windows Explorer or My Computer.
Removing the ACT! Application from your Handheld Device:
Note: The following information is based on a Palm M505. Your device may differ.
- Turn on your Palm device.
- Tap the time of day in the upper- left corner, tap App, and then tap the Delete option. The Delete screen appears:
- Tap ACT!, and then tap the Delete option. The Delete Application dialog box appears:
- Tap Yes.
- Tap Done to return to the Application menu.