Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium
Version: v19.1 and later
Integration: Act! Companion, Act! Connect Link
OS: Windows 7
This can occur if your Server URL was typed incorrectly, if your antivirus or firewall is blocking port 22, or due to issues with a previous install/uninstall of Act! Connect Link
Server URL was typed incorrectly
- Check that your Server URL has been typed correctly. For information on how to find out what your URL is, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How do I set up Act! Companion?
- Attempt to login to Act! Companion to test
Antivirus or firewall is blocking port 22
Note: Swiftpage does not provide support for antivirus firewall configuration. For assistance, refer to your antivirus or firewall documentation, or contact an IT Professional
Act! Connect Link, which allows Act! Premium subscribers to connect to the Act! Companion app, uses port 22 to connect. If blocked, it can cause errors. To resolve this:
- Add incoming and outgoing exceptions to your firewall for TCP Port 22
- Attempt to use Act! Companion again to test
Issues with a previous install/uninstall of Act! Connect Link
If allowing exceptions for port 22 did not resolve the issue, you may be able to resolve the issue by following the steps below:
- Close Act! and follow the steps in the following article:
How do I uninstall the Act! Connect Link?
- Install the Act! Connect Link by following the steps in the article below:
How do I install the Act! Connect Link?
- Launch Act! and confirm you can see the Act! Connect Link URL
- Test using Act! Companion