- Product Family: Emarketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
Video URLs allow you to use a YouTube or Vimeo URL to generate a preview image of the video into your template. Viewers can click these preview images to be taken to your video.
Adding a Video URL block to a template
Before you can add a Video URL to your template, you need to add a Video URL content block to a row in the template: To do this:
- From the Templates screen in Act! Marketing Automation, open the template you wish to add new Video URL to
- If you do not already have a row you’d like to add Video URL to, add one. For information about adding and managing
rows, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to add, edit and remove rows using the Drag & Drop template editor in Act! Marketing Automation
- If not already selected, on the right-hand side of the editor, click the Content tab
- From the Content tab, click and drag the Video URL content block over the template layout
Note: A thick blue line with the words “Drag it here” will appear when you have dragged it over a place where you are able to drop it.
- Drop the Video URL content block in the desired row
- Click the Save button
After you’ve added the Video URL content block, you will need to add the link to your video. For information, refer to the “Adding or editing a video URL” section of this article.
Adding or editing a Video URL
Note: All video URLs must be either YouTube or Vimeo.
- In the template editor, click the Video URL block you wish to edit
- In the Content tab, add the link to your video in the Video Url field, or if one is already there, edit or replace the existing one as needed
- Click the Save button when you’re done
Editing the Video URL content properties and block options
Content properties for Video URLs allow you to set properties for how the Video URL preview image displays. To change these:
Note: Some of options will not be visible until you have added a link in the Video Url field.
- In the template editor, click the Video URL block you wish to edit properties for
- In the Content tab on the right, configure the properties as desired, then click Save
The following options are available:
- Play icon type: Allows you to choose the shape of the play icon that displays over the preview image
- Play icon color: Allows you to choose whether you want a dark or a light play icon
- Play icon size: Allows you to choose the size of the play icon
- Padding: Allows you to set the amount of space between the edges of the preview image and the edges of the row. This can be done proportionally on all sides at one time, or the padding for each side can be changed individually by ensuring that the “More options” setting is selected
- Hide on mobile: Allows you to keep the text in this Text block from appearing when someone views your template on a mobile device
Moving, duplicating, or deleting Video URL blocks
- Moving a Video URL block: With the desired Video URL block selected, click and hold the move icon and drag it to the new position
- Duplicating a Video URL block: With the desired Video URL block selected, click the duplicate icon to insert a duplicate of the Text block below the original Text block
- Deleting a Video URL block: With the desired Video URL block selected, click the trash can/delete icon read the warning stating that it cannot be undone, and if you’re sure, click Delete