Product Family: Act!
Version: v21.1 and above
Note: For information on what the Act! Migration Wizard is, please see the following article:
What is the Act! Migration Wizard?
In order to migrate your SugarCRM data into Act! you will need to make use of the Act! Migration Wizard (available in Act! v21.1 and above). Please follow the steps outlined below:
NOTE: If you are using the desktop version of Act! (rather than Act! Cloud) you will need to have the Act! Connect Link installed. For more information on setting up the Act! Connect Link, please see the article below:
- Click on the Welcome option in your navigation bar to open the Act! Welcome screen.
- Begin the Act! Migration Wizard by clicking the Let's Go button. This will take you to https://migrate.act.com and automatically log you into the site based on your Act! credentials, there will be no need to enter a user name or password. This step may take a minute or two if you are using the desktop version of Act!.
- Choose the option for SugarCRM in the Migrating From drop-down then click Next.
- You will then be asked to enter your Username, Password and SugarCRM Instance URL for your SugarCRM database. Enter the information required, then click Test Connection.
- Providing all of the details have been entered correctly, the next message you receive will advise that the test connection has been successful. Click Set Up Act! to proceed.
- The next screen prompts you to enter your Act! database credentials, however these will be entered automatically. When you click the button in step 1, the API recognises the database you are using and so will enter all the required credentials automatically. Click Continue.
- In the next section you will have the opportunity to review the Field Mapping. The system itself will already provide a match for the majority of
fields used in your SugarCRM database. You can check these by clicking on the Arrow next to any of the sections mentioned in the Job
If you want to change or add any additional field mapping, you can do so by clicking on Custom Field Mappings at the top of the screen. This allows you to change or add new field mapping by clicking the New Custom Field Mapping links under the appropriate Job Name. You can then choose from dropdown lists of SugarCRM fields and Act! fields to map them together.
Fields with a Tick icon are already mapped, but you can select them and change that mapping if you wish.
- Once you have reviewed the mapping, click Import Test Data. The wizard will then load the first 10 records to be imported.
- Click Begin Test Data Load. This will migrate those 10 records into your Act! database. You will see a list of the records imported, and each record is a hyperlink which you can click to view it in your database. This allows you to double-check that the records have mapped correctly before performing the complete import.
- Click Next to automatically remove the demo records that were loaded, then click Next again.
- You will then be a presented with the total record counts for each of the data sets (Job Names) that you are migrating. If there are any Job Names you do not wish to import, you can simply untick the Migrate option. Click Continue to proceed.
- The final step is to click Begin Full Data Import, which will then start the process. Please note, if you have a particularly large data set, please make sure to allow additional time for the import to complete. An estimate will be provided, as well as a progress table.
- Once the migration is complete, you can view a Full Data Import Log at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: If you are using the desktop version of Act! and do not have the Act! Connect Link installed, you will receive a message at this point advising that you must install it.
NOTE: The Tool Tip icons provide additional useful information. In this case, the icon next to “SugarCRM Instance URL” advises exactly where to go in SugarCRM to find this. To view this specific connection information, please see the article below:
NOTE: You may be required to enter the Database Name, however the Tool Tip icon again tells you exactly how to locate this.
NOTE: If you find there were problems with the data mapping, you can return to the Review Mapping section by clicking the option in the stack on the left side of the screen.
NOTE: Once the migration process has started, you do not need to leave the window open, you can close it if you wish and the procedure will still continue.