You would like to call a Contact and have ACT! dial the phone for you so you can time the call and create History for the completed call.
Use the following steps:
- From the Contact record that you wish to call, click the Contact menu, and then click Phone Contact. The Dialer dialog box appears.
- From the Telephone Numbers box, click the phone number you wish to call, and then click Dial. The Call Status dialog box appears with the Timer window running.
- After the modem has finished dialing, lift the receiver and click Talk or click Hang Up to disconnect the call.
- When the call is complete, hang up the receiver and click the stop button on the Timer window. The Record History dialog box appears.
- Type any comments about the call in the Details box, and then click OK to create History of this call or click Cancel to prevent the History entry.