ACT! is functioning as designed. History entries are associated with Activity Types in ACT!. You can add items to or edit the regarding list in the Record History dialog box by editing this list for your specific Activity Type in the Schedule Activity dialog box.
When you invoke the Record History dialog box (as illustrated above), you will notice that the initial field reflects an activityType. A different list of Regarding items exists for each different Activity Type. Therefore, it is the Regarding list for this specific Activity Type that must be edited if you would like your custom Regarding item to be available from the Record History dialog box.
Follow the procedure below to add to or edit the Regarding list in the Record History dialog box.
- Take note of the Activity Type that you would like to create a custom Regarding item for.
- Click the Schedule menu, and then click (or point to Other and then click) the desired Activity Type. The Schedule Activity dialog box appears with your Activity Type displayed.
- Click the drop-down arrow at the Regarding field. A list of items (specific to that activity type) appears with an option to Edit List Values at the bottom.
- Click the Edit List Values option. The Edit List dialog box appears.
- Click into the Value (left) column to edit the current values. Click the Add button to create additional Regarding items. Click into the Value column, and then click the Delete button to remove items from this list.
- When you have completed adding, removing or editing these values, click OK. Your new values will now display in the list of Regarding items for any history recorded for this specific Activity Type.