There is more then one possible cause for this issue. This can result if the Tahoma font is either missing or corrupt on your computer. This error can also result if you have a large number of installed fonts in your Windows Font folder. See the appropriate section below:
Tahoma Missing or Corrupt
You will need to reinstall this font to your computer. The Tahoma font is part of the default font set that comes with your Windows operating system and can be found on the Windows installation CD or various locations on the Internet. Sage Software, Inc. does not provide support for Microsoft Products. For more information on this topic go to Microsoft.com
Large Number of Fonts
If you have installed publishing software of any application that installs a large number of fonts, you may receive this error. Temporarily relocating some of the fonts will help determine if this is the cause of your issue. To determine the number of installed fonts, and temporarily disable some of them, follow these steps:
- Launch the Windows Control Panel, and then double-click the Fonts icon.
- The number of fonts may be displayed in the lower left corner of the Fonts window (if not displayed: click View, and then Status Bar.) If you have several hundred fonts it is recommended to remove half of them as a test. Follow the steps below:
- Minimize the Fonts window.
- Right-click on the background of your desktop.
- From the shortcut menu, point to New, and then click on Folder. A new folder will appear.
- Name this folder Fonts2.
- Restore the Fonts window you minimized.
- Select the fonts that you want to move and drag to the new folder. At some point, when you have removed enough fonts to the Fonts2 folder, ACT! will launch. To restore a font just move it back from Fonts2 to Fonts.
Caution: Do not select any fonts that have a bold red "A" as the icon. Also, do not remove any of the following fonts: Arial, Courier New, Lucidia Console, Marlett, Microsoft Sans Serif, Symbol, Times New Roman, or Wingdings.
- Reboot the computer and test ACT!.
Once ACT! is installed and functioning correctly, you may return these fonts to the original folder at any time.