This error can result from damage within the Microsoft Word or the ACT! applications. To resolve this issue, it is recommended that you first attempt the Microsoft Office Diagnostic procedure in Microsoft Word.
Note: You may need the Microsoft Office Installation CD to perform the Microsoft Office Diagnostic. DO NOT perform the Microsoft Office Diagnostic unless the CD is available or the MSOffice installation files are accessible on your network.
All Microsoft Office 2007 applications include a Microsoft Office Diagnostic function that can resolve issues with the installation and configuration. Use the following steps to run Microsoft Office Diagnostic for Microsoft Word:
- Close ACT! and any other running programs.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click the Microsoft Office button located in the top left corner of the screen, then click Word Options . In the Word Options dialog box, click Resources. The following dialog box appears:
- Click the Diagnose button, the following Microsoft Office Diagnostics: Is Microsoft Office having problems dialog box appears:
- Click Continue to start the diagnostics. The following Microsoft Office Diagnostics: Start Diagnostics dialog box appears:
- Click Run Diagnostics to perform the diagnostic check. When the diagnostic is complete, the following dialog box will appear:
- Click Close to complete the diagnostics check.
If the Microsoft Office Diagnostics of Microsoft Word fails to resolve the issue, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall this MS Office application. Please consult your MS Office documentation for information on uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Word.