This is a known issue.
This can be caused by a drop-down list for a field that is over 2000 entries. In most cases this is the drop-down list for the Company field. You can work around this by disabling the Use drop-down list option for this field. This will need to be changed at the server hosting the database. Use the following step to disable the drop-down list for a field.
- Launch ACT! and open the database in question at the computer hosting the database.
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Define Fields. The Define Fields - Create, edit, or delete fields dialog box appears.
- Click the field you would like to modify, and then
click Edit field from the Field Tasks section. The Define
Fields - Enter field name and type dialog box appears
- Clear the check box for the Use drop-down list option, and then click Finish. The The Define Fields - Create, edit, or delete fields reappears.
- Click Close to return to ACT!.