Default Windows E-mail Program:
- Close all open applications, including ACT!
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu, then click Internet Options. The Internet Options dialog appears.
- Under the Programs tab, change the E-mail option to anything other than Microsoft Outlook. Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options again. The Internet Options dialog reappears.
- Under the Programs tab, change the E-mail option back to Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Apply and then click OK to close the Internet Options dialog..
- Exit Internet Explorer.
This issue has been known to be caused by corruption in your Microsoft Outlook installation. To resolve this issue follow the steps below.
To run the Detect and Repair feature of Outlook:
- Close ACT! and any other running programs.
- Launch Outlook.
- Click the Help menu, and then click Detect and Repair.
- Click Start. You may be prompted to insert the Microsoft Office Installation CD.
- Once the Detect and Repair is complete, restart Windows and test ACT!.