How do I create a template in Act! emarketing?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: v16.1 and later
Integration: Act! emarketing
Note: If you have not already signed up for or connected your Act! emarketing account to your database, you must do that before you can edit an Act! emarketing template. For more information on signing up for or logging into an Act! emarketing account in Act!, refer to one of the following knowledgebase articles, depending on your version of Act!:
How do I sign into or register for Act! emarketing in Act! v18.2 and later?
How do I sign up for or login to an Act! emarketing account within Act! v16.1 through v18.1?
Opening the Template Manager
All templates are edited from in the Template Manager. To open the Template Manager:
- In Act!, click Emarketing or Act! emarketing in the Navbar on the lower left side of the screen
- Depending on your version of Act!:
- Act! v20: Above Account Overview, click Create
- Act! v16.1 through v19.2: Click Edit Templates or Customize an Email
For instructions on creating new or editing existing templates, refer to the sections below:
Creating a new template
Before creating a new template, you must select a stock template to start from. Follow the steps below to create a new template.
- Open the Template Manager
- In the first drop-down at the top right of the page, select Basic or Premium (Premium templates require a Pro or Team level Act! emarketing subscription)
Note: Mobile friendly templates will have an icon which resembles a cell phone or mobile device.
- Hover over an available template, and click the eyeball icon to preview it, then click close to Close the preview
- Once you find a template you like, hover your mouse over it and click the plus ( + ) icon
- Select an existing category to save the template under, or enter a new category if an applicable category does not exist
Note: If a category is pre-selected, but is not the one you want, click the x to the right of the field to remove the category and reveal a drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the template, then click Edit
- Proceed to the "Editing Text" section of this article
Editing an existing template
If you already have a template that you have created, but you wish to make changes to it, refer to the steps below
- Open the Template Manager
- In the first drop-down at the top right of the page, ensure My Templates is selected
- In the second drop-down at the top right of the page, select the category where you originally saved your template
- Hover your mouse over the template you wish to edit, then click the Pencil icon
- Proceed to the “Customizing a template” section of this article
- While in Edit mode, click the pencil icon on the far right side of the screen
- Click the text block you want to edit
- Make changes as desired, using the formatting options that appear as needed
- When finished, click “Return to Layout Mode” on the left side of the screen, then click the Save icon on the far right side of the screen
Note: To exit Text edit mode at any time, click the Return to Layout Mode button on the left.
Further customizing a template
For more information about customizing an Act! emarketing template, refer to the following video:
Act! emarketing: Create an Email Template - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYvq01XDoTE
Note: All images inserted into an Act! emarketing template using a new Image block have a 5 pixel padding on each side of the image, as well as padding on the bottom of the image. Stock templates have images that do not have any padding on them. If you wish to have images without padding, you must duplicate the block that contains the stock image, then replace the image with the one you want to use, otherwise the images will not align properly.