You would like to know how to manually configure ASPNET Impersonation authentication in ACT! Premium for Web.
To manually configure ASPNET Impersonation authentication in ACT! Premium for Web, you must create a Windows Registry key, and set permissions for the ASPNET and IIS_WPG profiles.
NOTE: If you are using Windows Server 2019 the ASPNET account does not exist. You will need to use the IIS_IUSRS group instead.
Follow the steps below:
Modifying the Windows Registry:
- Open the command prompt by clicking the Windows Start button, and then clicking Run . The Run dialog box appears.
- Type cmd in the Open field, and then click OK . The DOS command window launches.
- Change to the following directory C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Web\Tools
Note: Path for 64-bit operating systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Web\Tools
- Type in the following command:
aspnet_setreg -k:Software\AspNetProcess -u:<username> -p:<password>
Note: Replace <username> (including < and >) with the fully qualified user name (SAGE\chuffman) and password for that user.
- Press Enter. If successful, the following text appears in the command prompt window:
- Exit the command prompt window.
Setting Permissions :
- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run . The Run dialog box appears.
- Type regedt32 into the Open field, and then click OK . The Windows Registry Editor launches.
Caution : We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. For detailed information on backing up the Windows Registry, click the link below:
Title: How to Back Up the Windows Registry
Answer ID: How to back up the Windows Registry
- After backing up your Windows Registry, browse to the following registry location:
For 64-bit operating systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG
- Click the Edit menu, and then click Permissions . The Permissions for ASPNET_SETREG dialog box appears.
- Add the <machine_name>\ASPNET user with Read permissions to this key.