$obsdisclaimer This issue can be resolved by importing the necessary registry file provided and then clicking on Retry or reattempting the installation.
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage does not provide support for Microsoft Products. For more information on this topic go to Microsoft.com.
Import Registry File
NOTE: Please follow these guidelines depending on the operating system:
If you are installing on a 32-bit operating system, download and import 32bit.reg
If you are installing on a 64-bit operating system, download and import 64bit.reg
How to determine whether a computer is running a
32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
- Go the bottom of this article, and click on either the 32bit.reg or 64bit.reg file under
File Attachments, and choose Save. Save to Desktop.
Caution: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. For detailed information on backing up the Windows Registry, click the link below:
- Title: How to Backup the Windows® Registry
Answer ID: How to back up the Windows Registry
- Double-click on the necessary registry file. The following dialog box appears:
- Click Yes to continue. Another dialog box will appear, click OK.
- After these files has been imported, click Retry on the original error message or use the SQL
Installer to re-install SQL.
For information on using the SQL Installer to re-install SQL, please refer to the following Knowledgebase Answer:
- Title: Error: "Could not connect to the SQL Server Instance" or "Failed
to open a connection to the database."
Answer ID: Error: "Could not connect to the SQL Server Instance" or "Failed to open a connection to the database."