You must be logged in to the computer as a Local Administrator to uninstall ACT!. Follow the steps below to determine if you are already logged into the computer as a Local Administrator.
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage Software, Inc., does not provide support for Microsoft Products. For more information on this topic go to Microsoft.com.
To ensure that you are logged in as a Local Administrator:
- For Windows® XP run "control userpasswords2"
- Click the Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type control userpasswords2 into the Open field, then click OK.
If you do not have Local Administrator rights, you will see the window below requesting a Administrator Login.
The Following is an Alternate Method for Determining Log on Rights on a XP machine
- Right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, then Manage from the shortcut menu.
- Click the plus sign to expand the Local Users and Groups branch, then open the yellow Groups folder.
- In the Right-hand screen, double click the Administrators entry. The Administrators Properties dialog box appears.
- The next panel will display a list of all users that have Administrator login access to this computer.
- If your name is on this list, you have the needed access. If it is not, you will need to be added to this list or use a different (administrators) login
for installing of ACT!.