Act.Data.ActDb.ActDbException: Cannot open backup device 'C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Temp\(Backup File Name).BAK'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.). RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally. PRC_MAINT_RESTOREDB: ERROR EXECUTING DATABASE RESTORE STATEMENT ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open backup device
$obsdisclaimer The error can result if the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 ACT7 instance is set to a Windows® account that does not have adequate permissions.
To resolve this issue, set the ACT7 instance to start as Local System, Please use the following steps to make this change:
- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type Services.msc into the Open field, and then click OK. The Services
- Right-click the SQL Server (ACT7) service, and then click Properties from the shortcut menu. The SQL Server (ACT7) Properties (Local Computer) dialog box appears:
- On the Log On tab, select Local System account for the Log on as option.
- Press Apply and then press OK on the dialog box that appears.
- Click on the General tab and then press Stop the stop the service, and Start to restart the ACT7 service.
- Press OK and close the services Console.
- Launch ACT! and attempt to now restore the database.