This issue has been resolved in Sage ACT! 2011.
Steps to Reproduce
- Make sure database is not attached to SQL.
- Open ADF file from ACT! Program.
- ACT! will now verify database message comes up and Click OK.
- Database start updating message comes up and then you will get error:
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path
- Click OK on that error message and You will get following error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Click OK on error and it will stop updating database.
Note: Able to reproduce attempting to update ACT10demo, ACT9Demo and ACT8demo.