This error can occur if the computer has a value enabled in the registry, which causes the operating system to operate as if it was in Safe Mode.
Please use the following steps to resolve this issue.
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage does not provide support for Microsoft® Products. For more information on this topic, go to Microsoft.com.
- Click the Windows® Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type regedit into the Open field, and then click OK.
The Windows Registry Editor launches.
Caution: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. For detailed information on backing up the Windows Registry, click the link below:
Title: How to Back Up the Windows Registry
Answer ID: How to back up the Windows Registry
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot.
- There should be two subkeys, 'Minimal' and 'Network'. If there is a third subkey, 'Option', delete the entire ‘Option’ subkey.
- Restart the computer. The ACT7 SQL Server instance should now be able to start successfully.