- "Performance counter registry hive consistency check" failed. The performance counter registry hive is corrupted."
- "Performance counter registry hive consistency."
Option I: You can resolve this issue by rebuilding the performance counters in Windows®.
Please use the following steps:
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage does not provide support for Microsoft® Products. For more information on this topic, go to Microsoft.com.
- Click the Windows Start button and click Run.
- Type cmd and press OK. A Command Prompt dialog box appears.
- Type lodctr /R:PerfStringBackup.INI and press Enter.
- The command will quickly execute and return back to the command prompt.
- Attempt to install SQL Server 2008 R2.
Additional Steps for Rebuilding Performance Counters
See the following Microsoft® article for additional steps to rebuild the performance counters: Microsoft Article 300956
Option II: Skip the Performance Counter Consistency Check
Your SQL Installation file will vary depending on your installation of Act! and/or your deployment of SQL Server.
For Act! v16 you would do the following.
- Open a Command Prompt
- Change to your SQL installation folder.
- In Act! Pro:
64-Bit Version of Windows: C:\Act!_Premium_Web_v16\ACTSTD\ISSetupPrerequisites\SQL2008R2x64
- In Act! Premium:
64-Bit Version of Windows: C:\Act!_Premium_Web_v16\ACTWG\ISSetupPrerequisites\SQL2008R2x64
- In Act! Premium Web:
64-Bit Version of Windows: C:\Act!_Premium_Web_v16\ACTForWeb\ISSetupPrerequisites\SQL2008R2x64
- Type in your installation .exe with these switches: /ACTION=install /SKIPRULES=PerfMonCounterNotCorruptedCheck
- Manually install SQL as per How to Manually Create the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 (Express Edition) ACT7 Instance or How to Manually Create the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 (Standard Edition) ACT7 Instance
- Confirm that SQL installed correctly by installing Act!