This issue can occur if your database is running on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express and exceeds 10 gigabytes, if your Act! user is damaged, or if there is an invalid format in the regional date and time settings in your Windows® operating system. Please follow the steps below to adjust the Windows regional date and time settings:
- Close Sage ACT! and all other open applications on your computer.
- Click your Windows Start button, then on the Start Menu, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click the Regional and Language Options utility.
- In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click Customize (Windows XP®) or Customize this Format (Windows Vista®, Windows 7).
- In the Customize Regional Options dialog box, click the Date tab.
- For the Short Date Format value ensure you have valid values (ones that are available in the dropdown selection) and that your values use the "/" date separator (i.e., MM/DD/YYYY).
- For the Long Date Format use the value dddd, MMMM dd,yyyy.
- Under the Time tab, ensure you are using a valid Time Format, that your time separator is ":", and your respective symbols are AM and PM.
- Save the settings, reopen Sage ACT! and test.