This issue can be due to a pop-up window being outside of the viewable area of the monitor or a damaged video driver.
Pop-up Window Off-Screen
This can occur due to the removal of secondary monitor or changing a monitor's display orientation from landscape to portrait. If this is the situation you may be able to Move the window back into view, or manually deleting the Sage ACT! Preference files may resolve the issue.
Move Pop-up Screen Into View
Use the following steps to select and move the pop-up screen:
- Click on the Sage ACT! application icon in the task bar to select it.
- Depress the ALT key and Space bar simultaneously, then release.
- Depress and release the M key.
- Depress an arrow key and release.
- Now move the mouse around to reposition the screen.
- Left clicking on the mouse will stop the movement.
Rebuilding Sage ACT! Preferences
For information on manually rebuilding the Sage ACT! Preference files, review the following article:
Title: How to Rebuild Sage ACT! Preferences
Answer ID: How to rebuild the Act! Preferences file
Damaged Video Driver
If manually rebuilding the Sage ACT! preference files did not resolve the issue, the video driver may be damaged or out of date. You will need to consult the monitor manufacturer's support for information on updating the video driver.