You are using Sage ACT! in a Terminal Services, Citrix®, or Remote Desktop environment and receive the following error:
"A generic error occurred in GDI+"
Product Family: Sage ACT!
Product: Sage ACT! Pro, Sage ACT! Premium
Version: v16, 2013, 2012, 2011 Service Pack 1 Hot Fix 6
Environment: Terminal Services, Citrix®, or Remote Desktop
IMPORTANT: The following solution only applies to Sage ACT! 2011 Service Pack 1 Hot Fix 6 (version 220.127.116.11 Hot Fix 6) and later versions. Do not attempt this solution with any earlier versions of the software.
Note: If you are running an earlier build of Sage ACT! 2011, updating to Service Pack 1 and Hot Fix 6 will allow you to incorporate this solution. For further information on updating to the latest build, see the following article:
Title: How To Download and Apply the Latest Hot Fix for Sage ACT! 2011 SP1
Answer ID: How To Download and Apply the Latest Hot Fix for Sage ACT! 2011 SP1
This issue can be resolved with the addition of the following lines to the configuration file located in the Sage ACT! installation directory.
Default installation directory:
- 32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
- 64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows
- 32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web
- 64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web
For Act! Premium (Web):
- Close Sage ACT!.
- Browse to the installation directory and right click on ActSage.exe.config.
- Select Open With and choose Notepad.
- Locate AppSettings section and insert the following 2 lines:
Note: For Act! v16 and later the file to edit is Act!.exe.config.
- <add key="TurnoffSettingMenuBackgroundImage" value="true"/>
- <add key="TurnoffSettingToolBarBackgroundImage" value="true"/>