You have applied Service Pack 2 to Sage ACT! Premium 2012 (access via web) on your web server using Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0, and when your mobile users attempt to access the Sage ACT! Premium Mobile site on their devices, they receive the error: "HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found."
Family: Sage ACT!
Product: Sage ACT! Premium (access via web), Sage ACT! Premium Mobile
Version: 2012 with Service Pack 2 applied
This issue is caused by the aspnet_isapi.dll failing to create when a new virtual directory is created. This issue only applies to web servers using IIS 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 operating system.
Follow the steps below to add the missing file to the new custom virtual directory in IIS:
- In the IIS 6.0 Manager on the web server, right-click on your custom virtual directory in the left pane, and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Configuration button.
- In the Application Configuration window, under the Mappings tab, click on the Insert button next to the "Wildcard application maps" pane.
- In the Add/Edit Application Extension Mapping window, click on the Browse button.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to the following directory: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
- Locate and select the aspnet_isapi.dll file, and click the Open button.
- Uncheck the Verify that file exists checkbox.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Application Configuration window, click the OK button.
- In the Properties window, click the OK button.
- In the left pane of the Management screen, right-click on either Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager or the server name (depending on how you opened the IIS manager), and select All Task > Restart IIS. You can also do this by typing iisreset from the Run command on your Windows Start Menu.
- Test access to the Sage ACT! Premium Mobile site on a mobile device.