Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: 2012 (Service pack 2) and later
With the Act! Premium Mobile client, you can access your Act! Premium (access via web) database from any supported device browser. For information on supported browsers, refer to the system requirements for your version of Act! using the article below:
What are the system requirements for Act!?
Answer ID What are the system requirements for Act!?
Refer to the sections below for details on accessing and using your database with the Act! Premium Mobile client.
Accessing your database with Act! Premium Mobile
Note: Unless you are an Act! Premium Cloud subscriber, prior to accessing your database with Act! Premium Mobile, it is necessary to install and configure Act! Premium (access via web) on your server. For information on installing and configuring, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How do I configure my Act! Premium (access via web) site?
Answer ID How do I configure my Act! Premium (access via web) site?
- Open the browser on your mobile device
- In the browser’s address bar, enter the website you would normally use to access the database from a browser on a PC, followed by /m. For example, if your URL is "http://18.104.22.168/" then your mobile site would be “http://22.214.171.124/m"
- Enter the username and password used to access your database
- Under Remember my username, if desired, tap to remember your username, otherwise tap Log On
Note: The content in this article contains features and images which are available as of Act! Premium v18 (access via web). Some features or images in this article may not be available or the same in previous versions.
Act! Premium Mobile includes the following features:
- Direct access to Contacts, Opportunities, Calendar, Groups, and Companies
- Create and access full notes and histories, including attachments, for Contacts, Opportunities, Groups and Companies
- Configure Contact, Company, Group, and Opportunity views by device
- Activity viewing, scheduling, and editing
- Task list with date, type, priority, and user filters
- Email history recording
- Ability to call Contacts by tapping their phone number
- Call history recording
Using Act! Premium Mobile
The following search types are available:
- Search All Records - Search using the search box at the top of the Home screen. This will return all accessible records, including Notes, Histories, Activities, Contact fields, Opportunity fields, Group fields, and Company fields.
- Contact, Group, or Company Search - Search using the search box found at the top of the Contacts, Groups, or Company List pages. This will return only search results for Contact, Group, or Company records relative to the List page you are in.
- Opportunity Search - Search by opening the Opportunities List page and narrowing filters by dates, status, Record manager, Process and Stage. This will return only Opportunities.
- Notes/Histories Search - This search is done by opening the Contact, Opportunity, Group, or Company whose records you want to search, scrolling down to Related Items, tapping either Notes or Histories, then entering a search value into the search box. This will return only search results for Notes or Histories under the selected record.
Note: To view any attachments, your device must support opening and viewing documents. It may be necessary to download a mobile document viewer app, depending on what kind of attachments you are using.
When using Search from the Home page, type-ahead is not available, however you can use special characters and operators with your search terms to help find information. For more information about advanced search options, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
Advanced Search Tips for Act! Premium Mobile
Answer ID Advanced Search Tips for Act! Premium Mobile
Working with Contacts, Opportunities, Groups, and Companies
See the chart below to see what functions are available and how to perform these functions when working with contacts in Act! Premium Mobile.
|Open the Contacts, Opportunities, Groups, or Companies List page(1)||From the Home screen, under Go to, tap one of the following, depending on which list you wish to view:
|Add a Contact, Opportunity, Group or Company||From the desired List page, tap the Add button in the top right. Tap a field to enter details, and repeat for each field as necessary. If you are creating an Opportunity(2), Group, or Company, you can associate contacts from inside the Who section. Tap the Save icon when complete.|
|Open the Details page for a Contact, Opportunity, Group, or Company||From the desired List page or search results, tap the desired record name|
|Phone a contact(3)||From the desired contact’s Details page. Under Quick Actions, tap Call Phone or Call Mobile to bring up your device’s dialer prepopulated with the number, as well as navigate the browser to a call history recording page.|
|Edit a Contact, Opportunity, Group, or Company||From the desired List page, tap the record you wish to edit. Tap the Edit icon. Make changes as necessary, then tap the Save icon.|
|Add or edit a note for a Contact, Opportunity, Group, or Company||From the desired record's Details page, tap Notes under Related Items. Tap the Add icon to add a new note, or tap an existing note, then tap the Edit icon to edit the existing note. Enter or edit the note details in the available field under Details. If desired, expand other sections to view and edit available options. When finished, tap the Save icon.|
|Delete a Contact Opportunity, Group or Company||From the desired record’s Details page, tap Delete Contact under Quick Actions. When prompted to confirm, tap OK.|
|Send an email(4)||On the contact’s Details page, tap Write Email|
|Add or edit a history for a Contact, Opportunity, Group, or Company||From the desired record's Details page, tap History under Related Items. Tap the Add icon to add a new history, or tap an existing history, then tap the Edit icon to edit the existing history. Fill in any applicable information, then tap the Save icon when finished.|
|Attach a photo to history||From the desired record’s Details page, tap Attach Photo under Quick Actions. Tap Choose File to browse for and select a photo. Tap OK to upload and record history for the photo. Tap the Save icon when finished|
|Map a Contact’s or Company’s address||For a Contact, open the Contact details page, then tap Map Address under Quick Actions. For a Company, open the Company details page, then expand details (if necessary) and tap the Business Address field.|
What fields are available by default in Act! Premium Mobile?
Answer ID What fields are available by default in Act! Premium Mobile?
(2)Products must be added to the Opportunity after it has been created. For more information, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How do I create an Opportunity in Act! Premium Mobile?
Answer ID How do I create an Opportunity in Act! Premium Mobile?
(3)Function available for contacts who have a phone number in the Phone field. Device must have telephone capabilities.
(4)For more information, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How can I send email from Act! Premium Mobile?
Answer ID How can I send email from Act! Premium Mobile?
|Takes you back to the main screen|
|Takes you back to the previous screen|
|Expands the section to show more information|
|Collapses an expanded section to show less detail|
|Edit a record|
|Add a new Contact, Activity, or other item|
|Save a new record or record edits|
|Cancel - cancel editing or new record creation|
Customizing the Detail page views
You can add additional existing fields and customize the order in which fields appear in the Detail page views of the Contact, Company, Group, Opportunity, and Product views. For steps, see the instructions below:
- At the bottom-left corner of the screen, tap Preferences
- Tap the View you wish to customize
- To add additional fields to a section of the selected view, tap the cogwheels icon in the section header, tap to check any fields you would like to appear in that section, then tap OK
- To move a field further up the list tap the upward facing triangle, or to move it further down the list, tap the downward facing triangle
- Tap the Save icon to save your settings
Working with Activities
For information on working with Activities, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to create, view, and manage Activities in Act! Premium Mobile
Answer ID How to create, view, and manage Activities in Act! Premium Mobile