You have upgraded your Sage ACT! database to Sage ACT! 2013 and find that when you select the Edit Mode checkbox in the Contact List view you receive the error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Product Family: Sage ACT!
Product: Sage ACT! Pro, Sage ACT! Premium
This issue has been reported to occur when updating a database with custom or spillover tables to Sage ACT! 2013.
This issue can resolved by applying the batch file attached to this article to the affected database. To apply the file, follow the steps below.
Important: This file must be run on the machine that is hosting the affected database - it cannot be run on a database accessed through a network.
- Ensure you are logged into the machine as a local Administrator.
- Close Sage ACT!
- Download the 30669.BAT file from the File Attachments section near the bottom of this article. Save the file to your computer's Desktop.
- Right-click on the downloaded file from the Desktop and select Run As Administrator. If the machine is using Windows® XP or Windows Server® 2003, then just double-click it to run.
- When prompted, type in the exact name of the affected database and press Enter on your keyboard. A list of available databases on your machine will be provided.
- After several seconds, the process will complete. Press Enter on your keyboard to finish.
- Reopen your database in Sage ACT! and test.