Product Family: Sage ACT!
Product: Sage ACT! Pro, Sage ACT! Premium
Version: 2012 and older
OS: Windows 8, Windows Server 2012
This issue is caused by an incompatible registry key configuration when using Sage ACT! 2012 or older with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, which are not supported operating systems for these versions of Act!.
Important Note: Sage ACT! 2012 and prior are not officially supported on Windows 8 or Server 2012 operating systems. This information is provided as a convenience.
- Close Act!.
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press R. The Run box opens.
- Type regedit and click OK. The Windows Registry Editor opens.
- Click File, then Export.
- In the File name: box, type "Registry backup [current date]".
- For the Export range, select All.
- Select Desktop from the locations on the left side.
- Click Save. This will create a backup of your registry.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Country/region List
Note: If the Country/regionList is not present:
a. Right-click the Telephony folder and select Permissions…
b. Under Group or usernames, select Users and check Full Control, then click Apply
c. Restart Act!, then go back to the registry, then click View > Refresh to verify that the Country/Region List is now available
Note: If the Country/region list is still not present, you may need to reboot your computer before proceeding further.
d. Close Act! and proceed with the rest of this article
- Right-click on the Country/region List and select Export.
- Click Desktop on the left, type Country List in the File name: box, and click Save.
- Switch to your Desktop view and locate the icon for Country List.reg that you just saved.
- Right-click on it and select Edit. The file will open in Notepad.
- Click Edit, then Replace.
- In the Find what: box type /region. Be sure to include the forward slash before the word "region".
- Leave the Replace with: box empty. Click Replace All.
- Click File > Save, then File > Exit.
- Double-click on the file from your Desktop. Click Yes when prompted, then click OK.
- This will add a new key to your registry called Country List in the same location described in Step 9.
- Reopen Act! to test