When attempting a mail merge to word processor from the web client, I am receiving the Error: "This command is not available because no document is open." when attempting a mail merge to word processor from Act!. Additionally, an empty Microsoft Word window opens.
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Third Party: Microsoft Word
This can be caused by Windows security blocking the merge from happening properly, or by invalid images or tables on the template.
You may be able to work around this issue by ignoring the error message, leaving the blank window open, and then attempting to run the merge again. If it still fails, refer to the steps below:
Configure Microsoft Word to permanently run as an Administrator
- Ensure Word is closed
- Right-click the Microsoft Word-icon and choose Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Under Privilege Level, check the option to Run this program as an administrator, then click OK
- Attempt to perform the merge to word processor again
Invalid images or tables
- Click the Write menu and select Edit Template…
- Select your template and click open
- Remove images and/or tables
Note: You may need to test multiple images to see which image is causing the error
- Save the document, and test mail merging the template again
Run Office Repairs
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft products. For additional assistance, contact Microsoft or an IT professional.
If the above solutions are not useful, it is possible that your Office installation could be damaged. Run office repairs, then try to merge to word processor. For information about running Office repairs, refer to the following Microsoft document:
Repair an Office application